The English premier league returns again for the final match in the year 2016.
Todays match promises to be very interesting, when the likes of Chelsea FC will wish mentain their unbeaten run. The big match of the Day which is Pep Guardiola vs klopp at the anfield stadium whiles under pressure manager José Mourinho will be wishing to get his 4th win a row.
Today’s matches will be the end of the 1st round. 19 matches played.
ALL MATCHES TIME ZONE IN GMT
15:00GMT Burnley ? – ? Sunderland
TEAM LINE UP(SUBMISSIVE TO CHANGES)
- Burnley’s lone victory over Sunderland in the last 18 league meetings came in their first Premier League encounter at Turf Moor in September 2009 (W1, D7, L10).
- However, Sunderland have lost on eight of their last 11 top-flight visits to Burnley, with their only win in that period coming in April 1969.
- 15:00GMT Chelsea ? – ? Stoke CityTEAM LINE UP(SUBMISSIVE TO CHANGES)
- referee:Robert Madley (England)
- Chelsea have gone 11 home matches without a league defeat in this fixture since 1974 (W8, D3).
- Stoke earned their first Premier League point at Stamford Bridge at the eighth attempt in March last season when Mame Diouf’s late equaliser earned a 1-1 draw. It was only the third away goal Stoke have scored against Chelsea in the Premier League.
- The Potters’ last win at Chelsea in any competition came in October 1995 when Paul Peschisolido scored the only goal to knock the home side out of the League Cup.
- 15:00GMT Leicester City ? – ? West Ham United
TEAM LINE UP(SUBMISSIVE TO CHANGES)
- Leicester are unbeaten in the last four league and cup meetings, their best run against West Ham since 1977.
- The Foxes needed a controversial stoppage-time penalty, scored by Leonardo Ulloa, to rescue a point in the corresponding fixture in April.
- West Ham’s only Premier League victory at Leicester in the last seven attempts was by a 3-1 scoreline in January 2000 (D3, L3).
15:00GMT Manchester United ? – ? Middlesbrough
- Manchester United are unbeaten in the last seven league meetings (W4, D3). Their last defeat was a 4-1 loss at the Riverside in October 2005.
- However, United were knocked out of the League Cup at Old Trafford in the most recent encounter in October last season. Boro triumphed 3-1 on penalties after a 0-0 draw.
- Middlesbrough’s last league win at Old Trafford came in February 2004.
15:00GMT Southampton ? – ? West Bromwich Albion
- Southampton have lost just one of their 21 home games in this fixture since 1969 (W12, D8, L1). West Brom were 3-0 victors in April 2013.
- Albion’s only win, and goal, in the last six meetings came at home in February 2015 when Saido Berahino scored.
- Eight of the 12 Premier League encounters have produced one goal or fewer. The only game in which both sides scored was a 2-2 draw at St Mary’s in November 2004.
15:00GMT Swansea City ? – ? AFC Bournemouth
- Bournemouth’s only previous victory at the Liberty Stadium came in the third tier in April 2008. Trailing 1-0 until the 90th minute, they scored two late goals to win 2-1.
- The last six matches between these sides have produced a total of 27 goals – an average of 4.5 per game.
17:30GMT Liverpool ? – ? Manchester City
- Liverpool have won four of their last five Premier League games against Manchester City, including the last three.
- Manchester City are winless in their last 14 league and cup games away to Liverpool (D5, L9).
- Their last win at Anfield was a 2-1 victory in May 2003, when Nicolas Anelka scored twice for City.The Reds have scored in each of their last 22 top-flight home matches in this fixture.
PREMIER LEAGUE TABLE AS AT 30TH/12/2016